Thursday, July 23, 2009

Barbara's birthday

My former sister-in-law and friend Barbara has a birthday today. I will not say how old she is because you would never believe me. She looks wonderful. She was a kind lady who has not always had an easy life. But she does not let life beat her down. She rises from the ashes like the Phoenix.

Now Barbara has a wonderful husband, Ken Morgan. He has been there for her and helped her survive some very trying times.

I hope that Barbara and I will always be friends. I feel like she is my sister. I'm lucky enough to have made three trips to Europe with her. Barbara, Shirley (one of my sisters) and I made our first trip to Europe together back in the nineties. Then the three of us made another trip in which we stayed a week after the tour group and wandered around on our own. We had a marvelous time. We traveled by train from Glasgow to York and then spend a few days getting more acquainted with that great town.

Then we took the train on down to London. That was fun a well. We saw shows and did a lot of shopping.

A couple of years later Barbara and I decided to go to London on our own. We even went to Paris for a day by the Chunnel Tunnel. We also took a train to Sheffield and saw Kenneth Branagh in Richard III. Very great performance.

I have been back to London one more time without Barbara and I missed her. She is great to travel with. She is very accommodating. I hope some time in the future we will be able to travel together again.

Happy Birthday Barbara!

No comments:

Post a Comment